Every single day I have questions running through my mind that are pretty much rhetorical but I really just need to hear it from someone else. A list of answers that are “if the shoe fits…” even if it doesn’t, be like Cinderella’s stepsisters and shove that shit in there (aka, make it relate)!
1. The feeling in the back of your mind that you might graduate with a degree you don’t even want is perfectly normal.
2. Make a goal to get good grades but when all else fails don’t forget to remind yourself that C’s get degrees
3. Love yourself, accept yourself. Black, white, latino, skinny, thick, curvy, or fat. You were born to be who you are! With or without the freshman 15…
4. “Grudge” should not be a word in your vocabulary. Move on, Forgive, and Forget. No-one wants to be that cat lady who is mad at the world.
5. It’s nice to have plans and goals but take one day at a time and don’t forget to breathe.
6. If he wants to be with you, HE WILL! Distance or no distance, past or no past. Feelings are feelings and people who truly want to be with you will make it work no matter the circumstance.
7. Love yourself before anyone else.
8. Find yourself. It’s so so so important to know exactly who you are and to never change that.
9. That terribly drunk night was not a mistake because you WILL remember and you WILL laugh about it for ten years!
10. Never Settle! For life, for happiness, for education, for love. You will never be happy.
11. Everyone grows and becomes different people in different ways. It is important to listen to other stories besides your own. Everyone is who they are for a reason.
12. Just because everyone you know is engaged doesn’t mean something is wrong with you because you aren’t. Mr. Right will come when the time is right.
13. Forever take the chances to have girls nights. They are always necessary.
14. Don’t feel bad about not washing your sheets every weekend. Laundry is expensive and we are all broke.
15. Taco Bell last night was a good idea!
16. You don’t owe anyone an explanation.
17. Your mom is right, listen to her!
18. Your paychecks won’t be 200$ forever…
19. Friends come and go. Sometimes people were only meant to be in your life for a short time. Embrace it instead of dwelling.
21. That hour you spent crying last week was necessary. Cry more. Happy and Sad tears are the biggest relief.
22. Stop and smell the flowers.
Life is wonderful and you should never take it for granted. Even on days when you feel like the whole world is crashing down on you, I promise in the end everything will be fine!
See you soon,